- 3/4 cup of Almond Flour
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon Tapioca Flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1-teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2-teaspoon baking powder
- 1-teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 4 eggs
- 1/4-1/2 cup maple syrup or honey (I used maple syrup)
- 3/4 cup of shredded zucchini
- 2 tablespoon butter or coconut oil (melted), + additional for greasing pan liberally.
- 1to 2 Tablespoons almond or coconut milk
- 1-teaspoon vanilla extract
- cocoa chips (optional)
- 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil
- 3 + Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey (maple syrup would probably work too)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease a donut pan with coconut oil or butter in my case!
- In a large bowl add flours, baking soda, spices and salt, and stir to blend. In a medium bowl whisk eggs, add maple syrup, zucchini, coconut oil and vanilla extract together. Pour egg mix into your flour mix and stir until combined. Add in 1/2 cup of your chocolate chips and stir through the batter.
- Using a measuring cup with a spout pour into your prepared donut pan. I filled my pan up pretty generously. (almost to top) they do puff a bit.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and pop out onto wire rack that is on top of a baking sheet to cool. Fill donut pan and repeat.
- Optional Frosting (melt butter or coconut oil about 1/4 cup, add 3 Tablespoons of cocoa powder and a Tablespoon of honey. Dip or frost donuts – sprinkle on your toppings. If looks too runny add more cocoa. It will set a bit when it cools.